Saturday, January 10, 2009

2nd half of the 08-09 season

Let me try to get back on teh interweb bandwagon with All-New All-Improved Predictions for the 2nd half of this semi-Luongo-less season.

I'm already a couple of games behind, though... but amazingly enough, my hindsight predictions were exactly correct:
Game 42 - at Oilers: I figured we'd win, and we did.
Game 43 - vs. Blues: I thought we'd achieve something of an epic fail... and true to form, we sucked eggs. I wonder what our record is over the last few seasons in Games Against The Worst Team In The League. My guess is: baaaad.

Onward and upward!

Game 44 - vs. Sharks

Optimistic Prediction: LaSanbera throws up a stone wall, allowing only a single Marleau power-play goal to ripple the twine. Daniel scores twice, and Sundin gets his first point--an assist. Hordichuk scores an empty netter, and the Canucks win in regulation 3-1.

Pessimistic Prediction: Sanford does a credible Schneider/Cloutier impression in the first period, letting in 3 (two from Marleau, and a shorty from Setoguchi) on 12 shots. LaBarbera starts the second, but doesn't do much better (2 from Clowe and Boyle). Demitra scores in the third but the outcome is never in doubt. 5-1 Sharks.

As of 4:25 pm today I am feeling very very very pessimistic indeed. My goodness, after last night's eye-gouging debacle, how could I not?

No comments: