Sunday, January 18, 2009

Game 47 - vs. Blue Jackets

I feel like I'm the only Canuck fan who doesn't want or expect to see major changes on this team. I mean, I think Taylor Pyatt is on the first line only because he's being shopped, but otherwise I think what you see is what you'll get, Vigneault included.

Tonight?

Optimistic prediction: Luongo shakes off the rust and shuts 'em down. Wellwood scores twice, including a powerplay marker assisted by Sundin, and Bieksa and Salo each add one. First Canuck win in a loooong time, 4-1 Nucks.

Pessimistic prediction: More of the same: an early goal sparks panic, and badness follows. Luongo is replaced by LaBarbera after the first, and it goes downhill from there. Yet another candidate for worst game of the season. 5-0 Jackets.

As of 2:30 today I am feeling... optimistic! The bleeding stops tonight. Canucks win!

No comments: