Sunday, January 25, 2009

We're in first place!

... if the criterion is "which NHL team has faced the toughest opponents so far this year?"

Unless I'm misunderstanding this site (and maybe I am), it seems like the Canucks' opponents so far this year have a winning percentage overall of 53%. This is the highest in the league, meaning that the Nucks have played the toughest schedule of anyone (not even considering travel).

Very interesting site. I'm noodling around to find other cool stuff--like here, for example, which shows that the Canucks can look forward to the easiest opponents of any team in the Western Conference, over the rest of the 08-09 season.

I have no idea if this is (a) correct or (b) predictive of anything. But it does make me feel better.

Look here as well, which predicts an approximate 52% chance for the Nuckleheads of making the playoffs, and here, which suggests that if we win even half of our remaining 34 games our playoff chances go up to 64%--and reach 86% if we win just one more game than that.

I'm clinging to the bandwagon with my toenails...

(All figures as of the All-Star break.)

No comments: